Join us for an afternoon of scavenger hunts, kid-friendly tours, and hands-on art activities at the DuSable Museum of African American History, Logan Center for the Arts, and Smart Museum of Art. This creative trek connects three exhibitions through a bookmaking project inspired by the citywide initiative Toward Common Cause and the work of MacArthur Fellows like Kara Walker, Carrie Mae Weems, and Xu Bing.
- Outdoor activities with socially-distanced accommodations
- Stroll or take a shuttle bus
- Drop by one museum or visit all three—no registration required
- Music and light snacks provided
- Masks required for indoor visits
- Tours offered to family units and small pods
- All activities are free!
Logan Center for the Arts
The University of Chicago, 915 E. 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637
Design your own newspaper at an outdoor art-making station and take a self-portrait in the wicker “Black Panther” chair that’s included in an exhibition by Carrie Mae Weems.
Smart Museum of Art
The University of Chicago, 5550 S. Greenwood Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637
Stop by the sculpture garden and create a paper tree house inspired by Xu Bing’s Forest Project, take part in a corrido singalong, and discover how artists are inspiring us to build a better future during guided tour of Toward Common Cause.